• White revered blouse with collar (not a T-shirt) or white shirt and House tie. (Blouse/shirt should not be tight fitting, and should be long enough to remain tucked into waistband.)
• Plain black skirt – we have a specific school skirt. This is available through our school supplier, Marks and Spencer. If skirts are purchased from a different source they must be of an identical style and length. No other style of skirt is permitted.
• or Plain black trousers. They should be of a similar style and length to those recommended through Marks and Spencer, or indistinguishable from these. (Not hipsters, leggings, ski pants, corduroy, denim or combats, flares, turn-ups or excessively long). The bottoms of trousers should not completely cover the shoe. Trousers must not have any decorative features e.g. slits, decorative zips, studs, laces or buckles.
• Plain black belt (optional), plastic or leather with no studs or decoration
• Socks or black/natural tights must be worn (not trainer socks)
• Black smart shoes (not trainers, boots, sandals or sling backs). Heels should be no higher than 2 inches
• Black blazer with the school logo (optional)
• Discreet make-up only, if desired.
• White shirt (not a T-shirt) and House tie. (Shirt should be long enough to remain tucked into waistband.)
• Plain black trousers. They should be of a similar style and length to those recommended through Marks and Spencer, or indistinguishable from these. (Not hipsters, denim, corduroy or combat trousers).
• Plain black belt (optional), plastic or leather with no studs or decorations
• Black smart shoes (not trainers, sandals or boots)
• Socks must be worn (not trainer socks)
• Black blazer with the school logo (optional).
• Plimsolls or light-weight trainers for Drama lessons FOR INDOOR USE ONLY.
• Plain white T-shirts may be worn under the school shirt during the winter months, but should not be visible at the neckline or cuffs.
• Hair styles should not be exaggerated or attract undue attention and colours should be natural.
• We discourage the wearing of jewellery, but the following are acceptable:
a single plain stud or small hoop per ear; one fine gold or silver chain necklace, with no pendant or decoration; one narrow, discreet bracelet or charity band. No rings and no other piercings are permitted. Excess jewellery will be confiscated. On the first occasion this will be returned to the student at the end of the school day. After multiple confiscations the items will only be returned to a parent or carer.
• Jumpers are compulsory for everyone and must be worn every day from the Autumn half-term break until after the May half-term.
• Red polo-shirt with DHS logo
• Plain black shorts
The following two items at present are only available through the school, either directly or through our ParentPay online ordering. As Marks and Spencer expand their range we expect these to be available for 2013-14.
• For cold weather, reversible rugby shirt
• Black PE socks with red hoop at top
1. Optional plain black track suit bottoms are only to be worn at the discretion of the PE staff
2. Training shoes (preferably white) with non-marking soles
• Football boots are strongly recommended for use in wet and muddy weather
• For all rugby and hockey lessons, the wearing of a gumshield is strongly recommended
Please note that NO jewellery may be worn during PE lessons for health and safety reasons.
ALL items of clothing and belongings MUST be clearly labelled with the pupil's name. Any unidentified clothing found in the school will be returned to lost property and held for a term. Parents who have difficulty financing school uniform are invited to contact the Head of Year, in confidence, for assistance.
Mobile phone and music players
Students are discouraged from bringing any mobile phones, music players or other electrical equipment to school. The school recognises that some parents, for reasons of safety, may wish their daughter or son to bring a phone to school. Any device remains the responsibility of the student and the school cannot be held liable for any loss, breakage or theft.
If students and parents chose to bring any such device to school the following expectations will be enforced.
All mobile phones, music players or other electrical equipment must be kept switched off and out of sight at all times on the school premises. Any use of phones is prohibited – this includes making or receiving calls / text messages / photographs / videos; listening to music; using as a calculator / conversion software; and checking the time.
In case of emergency, or where there is a particular need, students should ask a senior member of staff for permission to use the phone in an office.
The use of personal musical devices anywhere on the school site is not permitted.
If a student is seen using a device at school it will be confiscated. Multiple offences will result in an after school detention and parents will be asked to come to school to collect the device.
Uniform is available from the dedicated online Marks and Spencers shop. http://www.marksandspencer.com/Debenham-High-School-Your-School-Uniform/b/1800967031